CookA sophisticated split level garden with soft moving features.
What the client thought:
“I am thrilled with my new backyard! The Gardengigs team did a fantastic job creating a beautiful backyard for me. Greg listened to what I was after and took into account my ideas before coming up with his own creative solutions to fixing my dead sloping lawn and mismatch of ideas and half finished garden projects. The team built a stunning sandstone retaining wall allowing a level lawn to be sewn on a sloping block – perfect for the kids to play on. A paved fire pit area was also installed which is the envy of all my neighbours! Greg suggested fragrant, easy to maintain plants that look stunning and I know will be even better in the next few years. The new watering system means less work for me and the lighting really sets off the garden at night. The job was completed in a few weeks and I was kept informed of developments as it progressed. I would happily recommend Gardengigs to anyone.” – Eleanor
Where we Started
- Our client was open to ideas and needed a functional area to entertain and area for the kids to occupy.
- A large sloped rear yard covered in weed Mat and pine bark.
- Established trees covering the lower area of the gardens.
- The largest clothesline I have ever seen occupied the centre of the yard.
- Masses of potential.
What we came up with
- Divide the yard into two sections.(split level)
- Sandstone wall constructed with stairs leading to the lower area
- Height of top section increased and leveled.
- Turf added to create a large multi-use area metal edge added to support and divide the turf and garden areas.
- Small forming lavender mass planted around a powered water feature.
- Established magnolia teddy bears added to the side edge of the lawn area to soften the metal garage.
- A area to grow herbs and vegetables.
- Scented and shade tolerant plants planted in mass using minimal varieties
Quick drying surface material added to border of veggie patch and service area behind garage.
Relocate the existing cloths line.
Sunken travertine paved section added to rear corner of the yard.
Custom sandstone bench constructed to the rear corner of the paved area.
Fife pit addd to centre section of the paved area.
Feature screen to screen the cloths line rear section of the garage.
Water tank added to rear of the garage.
Lighting solution installed to add warmth to the garden area during cooler months and will highlight the gardens many features.
Automated irrigation system added
The End Result
A sophisticated spit level garden with soft moving featured added throughout.
Space create with lawn areas to form multi-purpose areas.
An entertaining area wth a raised fire pit will add physical and visual warmth.
A lighting system will highlighting features in the garden so it can be enjoyed during the cooler months from the warm of your lounge room.